ChangingYourDestiny

Keep Walking By Faith International Prayer Ministries, is a ministry of restoration, reconcilation, inner-healing & maintaining spiritual weatlth. Our goal is to equip and empower individuals spiritually and naturally.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Strengthening Others

After Jesus was resurrected from the grave, He appeared on the lakes shore unto certain disciples, as they ate, Jesus said, Simon Peter, son of John, do you love me? Peter's reponse all too like yours and mine, was the response of condition (phileo) love. Yes, Lord I love you. Jesus responded, "feed my lambs": Jesus is asking Peter to feed His baby Christians. Jesus spoke to Peter a second time, with the same question. Peter's reply the same, yea! Lord, I love you. At this point, Peter's heart was beginning to change. Jesus said, "take care of my sheep", nuture them, guide them, teach them to observe and do all that I've taught and commanded you. Jesus came again a third time with the same question. Peter a bit frustrated with the Lord, probably thinking to himself, "now I've been with this man; nigh a little over three years, I've repented with godly sorrow for my betrayal of Him in His greatest hour of need, and yet He continues to question my love for him. Why? We often like Peter get frustrated with God when we fail to see the reasoning and/or purpose behind the storms we face daily. Peter's respons was somewhat different this time. He said, "Lord, you know all things, you know that I love you", here is where Peter, learned the true spirit of agape (unconditional) love. He realized that it was no longer about him, but all about the one who was sending him. Jesus' response to Peter, "feed my sheep", He is also speaking to you and I, "feed my sheep", now that you have been converted (come into the knowledge of who you are, what you are, and whose you are) strengthen (equip) others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home